The PLATOON project calls on SMEs to develop IDS-based components of the project’s reference architecture and data analytics tools that will support the project in increasing renewable energy consumption, smart grids management, energy efficiency and energy asset management.
The Open Call is now open and will be closed on March 4, 2021 at 5PM (CET). The maximum amount per bottom-up project is up to 150,000€ equity-free funding.
PLATOON introduces a flexible and modular lightweight reference architecture that will set the framework for existing digital platforms in the energy sector to share, analyze and gain insights from data. In this sense, the reference architecture includes two key elements:
- Interoperability layer based on open APIs and open data models based on existing standards that will enable the effective communication amongst different platforms.
- Data governance scheme based on IDS that will ensure that the data is shared and utilized according to the specific agreements signed by the different stakeholders.
The 1st PLATOON Open Call will select 6 SMEs during the period from April 2021 to June 2021, that once selected will enter a 9-month support framework program and will be invited to join the Technology Transfer Program 1 (TTP1).
There are two types of challenges being funded by this call:
- Open source IDS Connector on Edge;
- Tool for automatic deployment of containerized applications in a Cloud or on premise environment;
- Secure Multi party computation;
- PLATOON compliant data management and interoperability solution;
- PLATOON Photovoltaic forecasters; Tool for scanning maintenance logs.
- Participants are free to propose their own challenge and solve it based on the project information provided in the applicant guide.
To apply for the Open Call, visit: https://platoon-1st-open-call.fundingbox.com/