NEW COMMUNITY CONNECTS INDUSTRY 4.0 AND DATA ECONOMY
Plattform Industrie 4.0 (PI4.0) and IDSA are bringing together their competencies: PI4.0’s know-how regarding Industry 4.0 and IDSA‘s expertise regarding data sovereignty and data ecosystems now complement each other in the IDS-I Community.
Objectives of IDS-I:
- establish a virtual data space that supports secure exchange and
easy linking of data in industrial business ecosystems on the basis of
technology standards and common governance models;
- ensure data sovereignty by enabling data usage monitoring;
- provide linkage to PI4.0 and the Industrial Internet Consortium with
respect to production and manufacturing;
- specify what interoperability may look like and how IDS value
propositions can be implemented in Industry 4.0 settings.
Basically, IDS-I aims at combining and leveraging the following concepts:
- security gateways,
- secure identities,
- cross-company communication by means of OPC UA,
- roles and rights models,
Andreas Teuscher and Dr. Thomas Usländer are responsible for the new IDS-I community.