October 27, 2023
Unlocking Interoperabilty: The Dataspace Protocol in research projects and open-source ecosystems
We will focus on the various challenges identified across numerous EU projects, such as FlexiGrobots. As we navigate these complexities, our spotlight will be on the innovative “Dataspace Protocol” developed by the International Data Spaces Association.
The Dataspace Protocol emerges as a robust standard, specifically tailored to tackle the technical interoperability challenges of data spaces – ensuring interoperability both within and between data spaces. Discover how innovative projects, including FlexiGrobots, have tackled the interoperability challenge.
Engage with us in a discussion that goes beyond the challenges, delving into the transformative potential of the Dataspace Protocol and open-source ecosystems in fostering a future of seamless data sharing.
How to join?
You should have already received an email containing the Zoom link. A friendly reminder will be sent an hour before the event will start.
Alternatively, you can connect via the provided Zoom link.
Welcome and introduction to Dataspace Protocol
Get a solid understanding of the protocol’s foundations and its broader implications.
- Explore the Dataspace Protocol specification – Anil Turkmayali, IDSA
Learn about some open-source implementations of the Dataspace Protocol.
- Eclipse Dataspace Components (EDC) & Dataspace Protocol implementation – Markus Spiekermann, Fraunhofer ISST
- FIWARE & Dataspace Protocol implementation – Jesus Ruiz, FIWARE
Research projects tackling interoperability with the Dataspace Protocol
Join the research projects that started looking at the Dataspace Protocol and get insights on how they plan to implement it.
- Interoperability challenges & Dataspace Protocol as a solution in FlexiGrobots – Anil Turkmayali, IDSA, on behalf of FlexiGrobots
- How to implement GAIA-X, the IDS Reference Architecture and the Dataspace Protocol together with the EDC in DIGICHECKS – Gonzalo Gil, Tekniker
- Dataspace Protocol & EDC implementation plans in DATAMITE – Jordi Arjona Aroca, ITI
Way forward – How Research projects and open-source ecosystems can collaborate for sustainable outcomes
You are not alone implementing the Dataspace Protocol, we can all join forces to create something bigger and more sustainable!
- Introduction to the Eclipse Dataspace Working Group (EDWG) – Ilknur Chulani, IDSA and Michael Plagge, Eclipse Foundation
- How to participate in and contribute to the EDC project and other open-source projects related to data spaces so that research outcomes last – Michael Plagge, Eclipse Foundation
Q&A, wrap-up, next steps
Register here to participate virtually: dataspace-protocol-in-research-and-open-source.eventbrite.de
For in-person attendance, kindly register via the EBDVF website.
This event slot is organized by IDSA and FlexiGroBots. This project receives funding from the European Union Digital Europe Programme under grant agreement ID: 101017111.
Date(s): October 27, 2023
10:00 am - 11:15 am
s/n Avinguda de les Fires
València , 46035